Summer Vacation at Bungalow Park Hoenderloo

Me at the entrance of Bungalowpark
It has been a while since my last blog post. I am here to write and tell my story about our summer holiday in Hoenderloo. My mother in law and my sister in law has planned for this holiday. They told my husband to ask me if I would like to join them. I am grateful for them for asking me because not only me, but Burt as well had enjoyed there.
It was an exciting Monday. Before we left, me and Burt has meeting first to his nursery. My sister in law came along with us. I am a very excited mother now because in September, Burt will start on the nursery. At 11 o'clock, my mother in law arrived in her car, with her dog and we traveled off to Heonderloo.
our cabin
Hoenderloo is almost a two hour drive from our home. It is in the province of Gelderland and I think it is the holiday capital of the Netherlands. You can see  scenic woodland there, camping sites, country homes, and national parks. The view is just exactly like what I have read in novels. There are places that are too similar to some suspense-thriller movies.
Some of the places are too similar to some suspense movies.
When I checked on the internet the photos where we are going to stay, I was filled with excitement. The cabin is cozy and surrounded by trees. We traveled in two cars. Because I can't drive, me and Burt traveled with my sister in law. My mother in law drives and traveled in her car with Rakker, her dog. 
We arrived in Hoenderloo at 1 o'clock in a really hot afternoon. We stayed in Bungalowpark Hoenderloo. After registration we sit for a while at the restaurant balcon and have our drink. Then we headed to our cabin. Our cabin is good for four persons, just exactly what I have seen on the internet. There is one bedroom downstairs and two upstairs. I am happy of our room upstairs with its small but long window fronting the forest. The bed is beside the window and I feel very calm lying down there, my face embracing the breeze.
my favorite window
my husband and son love the swimming pool
The Bungalow Park is complete with amenities. On a hot summer afternoon, we enjoyed at the swimming pool. There is also a fine restaurant, De Boskantine. We love sitting there just eating their soft ice cream. My heart melts in happiness when I let Burt hold his first ever ice cream cone and let him eat alone.
Burt and his first cone.
outdoor gourmet dinner when hubby arrived
On Wednesday evening, my husband came and joined us there. We have a gourmet outdoor dinner to celebrate the evening. The following day, I spent some time alone to explore some places and making photos. My mother in law loves all my photos.
I have seen many horses and I have seen even a hotel for horses! A lot of wildflowers, charming country homes, forest, and wilderness. When I was almost at the town, there was a car with four men stopped in front of me and asked me if I an getting lost! I replied fast: no! I am walking around to make photos! And they left. When I look the plate number, it is in B, a Belgian car.
On our last evening, we eat dinner at De Boskantine. Their Gebakken Zalm is very delicious, and also their Warme Kersen. My mother in law can attest that because we have the very same choice of foods. Before we left, the beautiful waitress brought two large boxes of toys to Burt and Burt can get the toy he likes. Burt picks and keep the Mickey Mouse in the car. I don't think Burt loves Mickey as his mommy, but it is the only car in those boxes.
Baked Salmon, at De Boskantine
That night, it rained hard. Thunder, lightening and rain. I slept with my face in an open window, watching the thick forest, the lightening. The next day, it is in the news: that lightening caused a big fire somewhere in that place.
family picture before leaving
We left the Bungalowpark with smiles. We have a family picture first in front of our cabin. My sister in law drove my mother in law's car, they traveled together with Rakker. My husband drove my sister in law's car, we traveled together with Burt. He traveled to join us by train. He said, I just leave our car at home because we have already many cars there. 
This vacation was already two weeks ago. Now I keep the happy days in my jar of happy memories where every now and then I can open and relish again my enjoyment. I am grateful for the love of my Dutch family. They do not stop at letting me feel that I am also a family of their own. They have a very different lifestyle, far different from the lifestyle in the Philippines that I am accustomed to. They are very supportive so I can swallow and adapt to it, little by little and not to feel alone and left out.
If ever I have the chance to go back and have a quiet retreat in Hoenderloo, I will never have a second thought, because I found it there peaceful and close to nature. Only, together with the people I love.

Comments

Popular Posts