Visbank In Vlaardingen, A Preserved Building From An Old Era

The back view of Visbank.

Visbank. Vis is the Dutch word for fish. This place named Visbank because in the history, it is a building where the catch of fishes was being held and stored. The building was built in the year of 1778. Yes, it is that old! Inspired and designed by Jacob van Schie. Our city is famous too because of the haring or herring. The Visbank is located at the Oude Haven. The age, the history, and the view at the harbor (haven) made this place one of my favorites. The place is accessible, whether I will go to the supermarket, or to my doctor, or even to just hang out. In the year 1984, it became a flower shop, on 2006, it became a lunch room, and on 2014, it became and ice-cream saloon until today during summer. The Visbank has contributed so much to the history of Vlaardingen that it has a miniature at the famous tourist spot in The Hague, the Madurodam. I want to show some of my Visbank photos.





Comments

  1. Maggy U made my day!😆
    U know more of the visbank than manny Vlaardingers so Ur 1 of us now👍
    If U can capture Aeolus on Aeolus Ur brilliant,its close to the spot where the 4 winds come togetter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jan! Bedank! Aeolus is my next stop. I will feature Visbank again this coming summer, when THE icecream saloon is open. Now, what is that "4 winds?" I also like to know about that.

      Delete
  2. 4U to find out otherwise its not as muts fun,take Ur time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha okay Jan! I will write today another blog from Vlaardingen... The Touwbaan. I went there the other day. Good morning!

      Delete
  3. I saw Ur picture of the place where the Visbank use to be, I didnt saw it so it must have bin stolen!
    Wasn't U I hope!
    Next year is a special historical year for Vlaardingen can U find out what it's all about have fun finding out the answers! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment, but I don't steal photos hahahah! All photos that I use and posting are mine, whenever I use someone's photo, I give credit to it. Uh uh that is a good lead: next year's event. I will let you and all my readers know about it :) Good evening.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts