How To Make Your Summer Vacation Enjoyable At Home

I love summer!
My son has completed his first year in preschool this year. It means that for six weeks, the living is easy before the next school year will start in August. We have already our family  vacation in Giethoorn, upon the availability of my workaholic husband.
we welcome the summer days in Giethoorn
My son loves school. So these summer days at home is a bit boring for him. I read some tips on how making summer vacation enjoyable at home. Most of the information is for families with already grown up kids. Handling a toddler is different and requires creativity as well.
There is such a wide and varied range of development activity and abilities in the toddler age group. As a mother, we must know well what our kids' interest. We can follow them and can help them explore the right things and not getting into many of the wrong ones. Don't disregard the important role of attention span.
outdoor life
writing and mommying

summer is flowers. Flower is summer.


Maybe because of time or money matters, some families opt to spend summer vacation at home. If you are a parent of a toddler and a full-time housewife, I would like to share with you some of the enjoyable time I had during summer days at home.

Water fun. I live in a country that has four seasons. Summertime is a time in the water, to bare and get color. My husband bought a portable swimming pool with fountains that my husband put in our garden, now my son enjoying so much.
our homegrown strawberries

my husband 

my typical Dutch summer at home

time for gardening

Photography. I love making nature photos, but nothing can compare the feeling of making photos of my family. Summer is also the time for many flowers. Family and flowers are my special summertime subject. Grab your camera or phonecamera and document your special moments through photos.
waterfun

not feeling bored with this :)

one of my most favorite subject

our mini resort in the garden :)
Open house for some friends. I am very selective in making friends but that doesn't prevent me to be a good friend. I came from a country where hospitality is one of the main characters of the people. My husband is also happy to see that I invite some friends at home. My son loves it when I invite some friends with their children come to our home. Why not share the warmth of your home during this hot season? It is not how grand what you prepared. It is always the thought that counts.
homey

open house on summer

outdoor cooking

barbeque with our friends
Barbecue. Who doesn't enjoy a great barbecue? Hahahah! Not me! Here in The Netherlands, one of the best things during summer is the barbecue. Barbecue is both a cooking method and apparatus. We have both! Hahaha!
In The Philippines, we always have grilled fish or grilled meat. Western people has barbecue. In this country where people spend most of their time indoors, once summer comes, expect it that you will always smell the delicious aroma.
I hope you are also enjoying your summer vacation, anywhere you are in the world. I have some photos that I love to share. All about my homey summer at home. Enjoy!

Comments

  1. Gorgeous photos! Your son is so cute! How nice to read your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Kerry!
      Thank you so much for visiting and reading my blog and for finding it nice 😊 thank you also for complimenting my son. Blog and photography are two of my greatest passion. Warm regards.
      Maggy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts