Our Rotterdam City Tour With The Historical Tram Romeo

Me with my family had toured around Rotterdam riding on the historical tram Romeo or Tram Line 10. Romeo is the foundation for the Rotterdam Public Transport Museum. Museum since its tram line 10 is a historical tram dated back to 1930.
my husband and our son.

joy ride with Romeo :)

Rotterdam

We parked our car at Delfthaven, from there we waited the tram line 10. As the tram approaching, it was like, I am standing on the platform of 1930's, the heat of the sun is scorching while the wildflowers are dancing to the whistle of the wind. When we hopped in, I noticed that most of the passengers are on their old age.
An square building near the Euromast.

Euromast (I will write about this)

Erasmus MC Hospital, where I gave birth to our son.


From the information we got on the website, you can pay once you are on the tram. But they don't specify that they accept cash only. Since we don't have cash with us, only cards, we stopped in Rotterdam near the City Hall to wait for the next tram line 10 where we can pay. But it was almost ruined our entire day, because the tram did not stop. We waited again for another 30 minutes.

The Tram Line 10 is a hop in-hop out tram. We stopped at the MarktHal and have our coffee. The place has been already familiar to me, we have been there before. The MarktHal, the Cube Houses, and the other beautiful architectures that names I do not know.
The cow with flowery necklace.

Markthal

the pencil shape building

Rotterdam pedestrian

When we hopped in again on the tram at Markethal, there are already more passengers. It was the start of our real sightseeing. But our son who was very tired, fell asleep. At first he was playing and singing that older woman next to us feel very entertained. When we reached the Erasmus Bridge, my husband just lifts our son, and I made a fast photo shot of the famous bridge.
Burt singing and playing.

my travel buddies.


The famous Erasmus Bridge.
As we toured around the city, I took note of the key spots. When I went to school in Rotterdam, I have only one route, by train. I did not experienced riding in a tram going in Rotterdam. I always go in Rotterdam by car with my husband. After our city tour, I feel I can go back in Rotterdam alone or with my son, if my husband is busy, and we will not get lost.

Perhaps you would also like to see Romeo in Rotterdam. Not Romeo of Juliet. But Romeo, the historical tram that will take you to see the famous spots in Rotterdam. Just don't forget to bring cash because they do not accept card, and I will not let you experience the hassle we have experienced with them.

Comments

  1. A bridge was built in Dallas a few years ago that is similar to the Erasmus Bridge. It is called the Margaret Hunt Bridge. Dallas is currently building three other bridges across the Trinity River of similar design. I am glad you had fun on your tour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, Kuya Russell! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Nice to know that. You know, I love making photos of the bridges... If time and money will allow me, bridges of the world! Hahahaha!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts