Dining At Barrio Pilipinas, The Hague

Happiness is eating your favorite foods in a foreign country.
Have you ever heard these dishes? Kare-Kare, caldereta, sisig, and pakbet? They are Filipino dishes. I think the famous Filipino dish is adobo. There was even a movie with the title American Adobo.
Food and dining are part of Filipino life. Even our foods are not as famous as of  the neighboring countries like Thai and Vietnamese foods, we also have something to offer when it comes to a great cuisine.
Treat for ourselves even it's not a day off :) 

the jeepney inside the restaurant is an attraction.

I am smiling because of this buko-pandan.

One of my great experiences living here in the Netherlands is dining out at the one and only Filipino restaurant in The Netherlands, the Barrio Pilipinas at Den Haag or The Hague. I saw their advertisement on Facebook and I went to dine there with my Filipina friend Arlene.

Aside from family and friends that most of the Filipino living abroad miss, also the foods. That is why, when me and my family are in the Philippines for a holiday, I prefer to eat home cook Filipino foods. I even buy cooked food sold in a carinderia.
A sign: Philippine flag in front of the restaurant.

my friend and her son.
crowding with many tourists.
The Filipino restaurant in The Hague has a variety of menus. Aside from the regular menus, they also have special menus, the salo-salo fiesta sa bilao, and the boddle fight. When I first went there, me and my friend just have the regular menus. We have pancit, kare-kare, and chopsuey. For my dessert, I have buko pandan. I always love buko pandan.
A cold rainy day going to The Hague (the return)

with my friend's baby, I miss my son. Not used of going out alone.

I miss jeepney ride!
The foods are great, the location is accessible to those who are coming even from far cities of the Netherlands, but the only thing that I can comment is, I did not like it when I need to change the diaper of my son, the staff told me to just go at the back of their kitchen to do it. They don't have a changing table for their customers who have a baby. When I cannot do it there, because the floor is slippery, the chairs stack there. I cannot change diaper in a chair. When I told them about it, they replied that I just change diaper in my stroller. I just hope they improved this part.
The salo-salo fiesta sa bilao. 
I got back there to eat again with my friend. My husband took charge to take care of our son so I can meet my friend who that time was in grief because of the death of her father in the Philippines. I can see some improvements. They take orders fast, they served fast, and we ordered the salo-salo fiesta sa bilao that we enjoyed so much. The salo salo fiesta sa bilao is worth 45 euro. At the menu card says it is good for two person. Since me and my friend are not glutton hahahaha, I would say that it is good for four persons.
At The Hague before going back home.
Den Hague or The Hague is like the big cities of Amsterdam and Rotterdam, home of diverse nationalities and cultures. You can find in these cities many restaurants. I am glad there is one Filipino Restaurant where I can go whenever I want to eat with full of Filipino enjoyment, like eating, using hands. This morning, me and my friend were talking again and planning to get back here. When Inday Maggy has the day off again, she loves to meet her friend Inday Arlene at their meeting place, to eat, to talk, and to laugh. Only at Barrio Pilipinas in Den Haag.

Comments

Popular Posts