Cooking Witlof Schotel, A Dutch Food

Witlof schotel with mash potatoes and melted cheese
I am glad that I can cook a Dutch meal now. Since my husband is a pure Dutch, it is a must that I can also cook Dutch dishes. This evening I made witlof schotel. I tried to look for an English word for witlof but I found none. So I am writing this witlof as witlof, a Dutch plant/vegetable.
wrapping the witlof 

fresh from the oven

What you need:
3 shoots of witlof
6 slices of ham
50 grams butter
200 ml half/full milk
Grated cheese

How:
Boil the potatoes until soft.
Cut the witlof into half and steam. We have a special pot where I can boil the potatoes and steam the witlof one time.
Mash the potatoes once it is done. Add the butter and the milk for a smooth texture of the mash potatoes. Mix well and put in the oven plate.
Roll the witlof with the ham and put at the top of the mash potatoes. Add the grated cheese as the toppings. Baked at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
Serve hot.

Comments

Popular Posts