A Day in Bornem, Belgium



The city hall of Bornem
Bornem (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈbɔrnɛm], old spelling: Bornhem) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The municipality comprises the towns of Bornem proper, Hingene, Wintam, Mariekerke and Weert. There are also the hamlets of Branst, Buitenland, Eikevliet and Wintam. On 1 January 2006, Bornem had a total population of 20,064. The total area is 45.76 km² which gives a population density of 438 inhabitants per km². -Wikipedia
Bornem

A beautiful trip for me and for my son

train transfer in Breda, Netherlands

I visited Bornem with my son. There was an English Regional Convention that was held in Bornem and we traveled by train to get there. We have five train transfer to reach Bornem. The journey was not that comfortable with a toddler, but it was fun. When we reached Mechelen in Belgium, we need go transfer again to the last train going to Bornem. You can imagine us, me, my son, and our buggy. There is no elevator at the train station in Mechelen, and the platform is at the top of the old station building. I am glad there is someone who assisted me.
me and my son at the convention


Like a heaven-sent to us, our guide to the assembly hall

The train station in Puurs, Belgium. Next stop is Bornem


We reached Bornem safe. From the train station we walked about 15 minutes to our assembly hall. It was like someone was a heaven-sent to guide us so we will not get lost. Bornem is a small and old town. I was fascinated by corn fields. Me and my son enjoyed our trip to Bornem. Hoping to be back there for more of sight seeing.

Comments

Popular Posts