04 June 2024

Next Time You Think About Lemon, You Can Try This Lemon Chicken


I cannot point clearly where I first saw the dish name lemon chicken. I know I saw it in the menu card at one particular restaurant in the Philippines. But I did not try. When we are in the Philippines, what I usually eat are dishes that I have been growing up with like adobo, sinigang, and laing. Lemon chicken sounds western, I prefer native, foods that when I eat can be nostalgic. Just lately, I found out that lemon chicken is not just delicious, you can also add this dish in your easy to cook and budget recipes. This is how I have this discovery. My husband and I shop once a month in Amazing Oriental, an Asian complete supermarket. There is Amazing Oriental in Rotterdam Central, in Alexandrium, but we always go in Amazing Oriental in the Chinese Boat. The location is just perfect, fronting the iconic Euromast, fifteen minutes drive from home. Amazing Oriental has plenty to offer. Asian foods, from fresh to canned goods, to frozen foods. They have Filipino, Japanese, Korean, Thai, Indonesian, Singaporean, and Indian brands. Sometimes, we go there not just to shop but to explore more of the other possible dishes and cuisine.
I saw these Lee Kum Kee sauces mix, handy, ready, Hongkong style. I picked one, lemon chicken. I said to my husband, I want to try this, just one. Because if it is not delicious, nothing to lose. And to my delight, my husband really love it. Last week, we went back shopping there, I took five. Here is how I cook lemon chicken with the Lee Kum Kee sauce.
Soak in egg, roll in flour.
Ready for deep frying 

We need: 
 1 Lee Kum Kee lemon chicken sauce mix, 
 around 350 grams a chicken fillet, 
 1 egg (beaten), 
 a bit salt, 
 flour, 
 and oil.

How:
 I sprinkle a pinch of salt to the both sides of the chicken. I soak it to the egg and roll in the flour. I set aside for about fifteen minutes. To fry, I use sunflower oil, must be enough oil for deep frying. The heat must be high enough for the chicken to become crunchy. Once fried, put the chicken in a serving dish. You can warm the Lee Kum Kee sauce in the microwave for just 1 minute, the sauce is creamy, you can pour it slowly to the chicken. Lemon chicken is good with rice or fries and vegetable salad. Next time that you will think about lemon, why not try the lemon chicken, not just about lemon to lemonade. Don’t forget that this dish is easy, delicious, and so budget-friendly. Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Next Time You Think About Lemon, You Can Try This Lemon Chicken

I cannot point clearly where I first saw the dish name lemon chicken. I know I saw it in the menu card at one particular restaurant in the P...