The Beautiful Hundred Islands

I received a few messages telling me to not to stop writing about places and travel. I am thankful for that because it gives me an inspiration to write more about my travel stories. This time, I would like to feature the beautiful Hundred Islands.

The Hundred Islands
The Hundred Islands is a National Park in the Philippines. It is a protected area in Alaminos, province of Pangasinan. It is one of the most visited travel destinations of the tourists, even the locals. For them and for me, the Hundred Islands is an outstanding place to see. The Hundred Islands composed of 100 to approximately 123 islands and islets.

our home for two days and two nights

our portable shower

My husband cooking rice and will boil eggs
captured by our self timer camera

I first visited the Hundred Islands with my husband. Our itinerary was from Zambales, to the Hundred Islands, then to Baguio City. We traveled by bus. We were such an adventurer that time.
When we arrived in Alaminos, we took the tricycle ride to Lucap Wharf. In Lucap we will take a boat going to the Hundred Islands. But before we proceed to see those islands and islet, we find first a place where we can stay for a couple of days. We walked around Lucap to find a hotel when we met a woman who has a sari-sari store in Lucap. She explained to us some options if we like to stay there for a few days and few nights.
watching sunset 

guess what? it serves us a toilet :)
Instead of staying in a hotel, we prefer to stay in a small island. Only us, me and my husband. That day, we have island hopping, the boatman told us that we can choose which island we like to stay. At the end of our island hopping, the boatman stopped us at the small island that we selected. We have enough foods and water for the duration of our stay there because the boatman will just get back to pick us up when we are already leaving.
My husband 

why it's hard to say goodbye?
It was actually an adventure. We set up the tent that we rented, my husband lit fire to cook our meal, we don't have electricity, no signal for our mobile phone. We're on our own, like a setting in the film Cast Away.

At the Hundred Islands with my Dutch family
We stayed in that small island two days and two nights. When the boatman back to pick us up, I feel a tinge of sadness. I am a kind of a person that really appreciates simplicity. I come to love the taste of that kind of life, far from the noise in the crowded world. What I take with me are beautiful memories and photos.
The Hundred Islands is a beautiful place to visit at least once or twice. That is why, after almost two years, me and my husband went back there. But the story is different because my Dutch family was with us. We did not camp there, we stayed in Islandia Hotel in Alaminos. The Islandia offered us a good Hundred Islands package tour, including foods and drinks while we stay the whole day in Hundred Islands. The manager of Islandia even went with us.  They have an excellent customer service.

Me in a souvenier photo, Islandia Hotel
From Manila, it is an almost seven hour trip to Alaminos. If you go by bus, you can take the Victory Liner Bus or Five Star Bus. In Alaminos, you take a tricycle to Lucap Wharf. From there, you can have a beautiful view of the Hundred Islands. There is a registration office in Lucap where all visitors must register for safety purposes, especially if you want to stay overnight at any of the islands. You have to pay there and also for the boat. To not left hanging, bring enough budget to enjoy. The Hundred Islands is unique, simple but grand. I hope my photos can attest to my description.

Comments

Popular Posts