My Five Most Favorite Things

This blog is something light for the heart. I want to share with you five of my most favorite things. To love is to share. Be it things, hope or feelings. It feels good to share to others things that bring to us simple pleasure. Maybe right at this moment you are also starting to paint in your mind your favorite things. Most of my favorite things are, if not simple is small. I have grown up simple with simple wishes in life. It is the small moments, the simple everyday moments that make my life special.

So here are my five most favorite things:

1. Any place with water. It is not that I am a sort of a mermaid that needs water to live! Hahahaha! There is something in a place with water that I truly love: the stillness, calming, and the purity that gives me peace of mind.
I love any place with water. The beautiful sunrise is just a bonus.
2. Wildflowers: There are so many kinds of flowers you can find here in the Netherlands. In kinds and in color. But it is always the wildflowers that I enjoy seeing every day. A quote says: "where flowers bloom so does hope." It is like wildflowers are a reminder for us that we don't have to worry much of our life, with God we are in a good hand.

wildflowers 
3. Books. As what I have written on my past blog, reading a book is our temporary escape in life. I love books that sustain my spiritual needs, educational books, as well as novels. I have collected novels of Barbara Delinsky and her Three Wishes is a tearjerker for me. Rosemund Pilcher is an author that exceptional. Her novel The Shell Seeker makes me dream to go to Cornwall one day. I love the smell of the new book. That is why, I love hard copy books than e-books.
I love heart icon. One of my coffee mugs.
my favorite author

4. Anything with a heart icon. Wikipedia says, The heart shape (♥) is an ideograph used to express the idea of the "heart" in its metaphorical or symbolic sense as the center of emotion, including affection and love, especially (but not exclusively) romantic love. Do you think I am a hopeless romantic? Not at all. I describe myself hearty, what I say and what I write always come from my heart. I have coffee mugs with a heart icon, pen holder, home decors and other things.

5. Country roads. Country road in a song or in a movie? How can I forget that country road in the movie, The Bridges of Madison County? Yes, country roads bring me nostalgia. It brings me from where I was before, the small town girl in Ombao, Camarines Sur. There is something about unpaved road that is nostalgic. Maybe because there are times that I long for a simpler life.

country road
According to Time Magazine, research has found about 9 zillion things you can do to increase happiness. That is too many and most people don't really do much those things. For me, happiness comes from simple things in life. Happiness most of the times are within our reach, but we failed to notice because we are so busy chasing big and elusive things.

Comments

Popular Posts