The Beautiful Magalawa Island in Zambales, Philippines

those days in Magalawa when we're just two :)
I have been to this island many years ago. I was a teenager and we have friends that live in a neighboring barangay.  I remember this small island as clean, reserve, and have many sea urchin. I remember we went there in a banca, with a pot of rice, fresh fish that our friends grilled under the shades of the trees. White sandy beach, fronting the mansion of the famous Cardinal in the Philippines on the mainland.
approaching Magalawa Island

photo courtesy by Magalawa Island.

Magalawa Island

I know it is the Magalawa Island, not a commercial resort. Back then, a private small island but we are allowed to come to swim, to play, and to have a picnic. That was like ages ago. Because the name of this island has now been Magalawa Island Armada Resort. Owned and manage by Family Armada in Palauig Zambales.

Every time we are in the Philippines, we visit this island. Me and my husband stayed in Magalawa for three days and three nights once. After that, we just go there to visit, not for an overnight stay.
a very relaxing place

sea grass, sea shells

rafting and snorkling

Zambales is now well known for its surf spots like Pundaquit, Crsytal, and Liwa. The secluded cove of Anwangin is also an attraction. But I always love Magalawa. My only brother got married to a girl from Barangay Luan, that is one of the main reasons why Magalawa Island had a soft spot in my heart. Our family has many fond memories of this place.
my nephews and my niece

my star and my star fish

white sandy beach

My parents were with us last year.

Magalawa Island is a white sand beach, pristine and not many people. There are plenty of star fish around the island, sea urchin, corals and sea grass. Now that Magalawa is a commercial resort, there are tents and cottages available for all guests who likes to stay overnight or longer. They also serve meals, breakfast to dinner. There are shower rooms. When me and my husband stayed there, we enjoyed the ride in a raft, snorkeling, and a totally relaxing day away from the busy city life.
too early for the sand bar :)

the sand bar

me with my family

the boat for the guests

To get there: if you are from Manila, you can take the Victory Liner Bus, Manila to Sta. Cruz, Zambales. You tell the bus driver ahead to stop at Pangolingan. From Pangolingan, there are tricycles that can take you to Armada Compound and there are boats there that will take you to Magalawa Island. If you go in a private vehicle, it is the same. You will park your car at Armada Compound and they will take you to the island. There is a parking fee.

There are many changes now in Magalawa Island. Aside from tents and cottages, they also have sand bar.  Again, I like to share some of our fond memories through photos. Maybe one time, you can also visit this small but beautiful island.

Comments

Popular Posts