Dutch Summer At Krabbeplas

Dutch summer
The lake at Krabbeplas
In the city where I live there is a place named Krabbeplas. In one of my blogs, I have mentioned this place. The place where a skeleton was found and with the archeological findings, the skeleton is 6,000 years old. Aside from that, the Krabbeplas is also a good place for recreation, a place where families spend their weekend. There is Krabbeplas Pavilion where visitors can have their drinks or meals. The Krabbeplas is surrounded by water and by thick tall trees.
bike lane

the open air

to the parking area

I have been here a few times. We have dinner  with my family. Today, me and my family went again in Krabbeplas, my husband and my son who love to swim enjoyed our day in the water. The place was busy, many just laying down on the grassy ground to soak the heat on their skin, some parents were in the water with their kids.
my family

safe swimming area for everyone

splash!

playing time with my son :)

Krabbeplas has a big water playground, safe for everyone. There is also a bike lane, a place for a good walk, a place for nature lovers. As my husband and son enjoying the water, I took my time to walk around and make photos. There is an area that is like of forest, there is an area of an open air. I love the big lake that at the far end is the international highway. There are many wildflowers, there are wooden bridges, young ones running here and there in their swimsuit.
The Krabbeplas Pavilion

beautiful.

papa is coaching :)

dry leaves 

this little Dutch is alone going to the water :)

Not yet autumn, but there are already my leaves falling on the pathway. Dry leaves, not autumn leaves. Soon, the view of Krabbeplas will change once the cold season comes. Less people, but more colors of nature. Before I returned to see my family, I went inside the pavilion to use the toilet. Very quiet inside, all customers were outside.
my son 

our son don't like to go home :)

a very curious child.

part of growing up.

I like to swing not to swim :)
It was such a great day for our family. I am glad that my husband took the day off today to spend time with us. I am writing before I go to bed, to share our enjoyment and for you to see the Krabbeplas through my eyes.

Comments

Popular Posts