Cooking The Classic Dutch Andijviestamppot

This evening's plate of the healthy andijviestamppot for my husband.
One of the Dutch dishes that became a regular on our family menu is the andijviestamppot. This is a classic and an old fashion Dutch dish that I regularly cook for my family. This is how. You will see that these people who are rich in culture and world class when it comes to invention can eat a simple dish as this andijviestamppot.

* 600 gram (1.3 lb) potatoes
* 400 gram(14 oz) endive
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 6 bacon strips or bacon chunks (I used bacon chunks)

Peel the potatoes and cut into regular sized chunks. Bring to a boil in a pot of water. Lower the heat to medium and boil for about 15 minutes, then add the andijvie and let it boil for another 6 to 8 minutes until the andijvie get soft.
In a skillet, fry the bacon. When ready, cut into small strips or chunks.
Mashed the boiled potatoes and andijvie together. Add the fried bacon, as well as the oil that you have used to give moist to the stamppot. Mix well. For most Dutch people they love their andijviestamppot with a sausage. Both my husband and my son love andijviestamppot that I am almost perfectly cooks now.

Comments

Popular Posts