My First Indian Restaurant Experience at Sher-E-Punjab in Lelystad

The Naan bread, Chicken Dhansak, and Indian saffron Basmati rice.


Aside from love and relationship, food and travel are also included as the best topics in blogging. We eat not only to satisfy our hunger, but also to enjoy. After paying a not really good meal, it is like we feel the regrets. I have a weekend in Lelystad with my son to attend our annual Regional Convention when I have my first real Indian dinner in a restaurant. A few months ago, my husband cooked chicken Madras for our family that we really enjoyed. 
With my son


Just in front of the Lelystad City Hall, you can see many restaurants. That night, being away from home for a while, I want to have something different. I want to have a meal that is with heart and down to earth. I saw this Indian Restaurant, Sher-E-Punjab. The place opens at 5:00 in the afternoon. We were the first costumer that time. The place is clean, cozy. I chose the table where my son facing the framed famed Taj Mahal, me facing two big canvases of Indian spices and herbs. 




Sher-E-Punjab is the first Indian restaurant in Lelystad. The age-old balance use of herbs and spices in Indian cuisine is a tradition that they continue with great care. Their menus range from Punjab to Madras, a wide selection of meat, fish, grilled, and vegetarian. Menus with a price that is very reasonable. The menus are new to me. They have Tandoori main courses. I was torn choosing between Buttered Chicken and Chicken Dhansak. But I settled on the latter, since I know what is butter all my life but never of Dhansak. I have no regret choosing Chicken Dhansak. It was so incredibly delicious. The taste was subtle, very authentic, and the spices were not so spicy that even my son enjoyed our meal. Chicken Dhansak is blocks of chicken fillet, served with mango, chutney, lentils, and Indian herbs. They also served us four big Naan breads and the Indian saffron Basmati rice was really homey. It was a grand dinner for me and for my son. The staff were friendly and helpful. The next time that we are in Lelystad, I love to be back to Sher-E-Punjab. To feel and to taste again the authentic cooking of India in the Netherlands.

Comments

  1. Hi there, I found your web site via Google while looking for a related topic, your website came up, it looks good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks
    low arsenic rice

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts