Shopping Story. Shopping With My Husband in Amazing Oriental


Cold, rainy. I got my purse, just my keys, my phone, my ATM, and the drugs that can calm me down when I have a panic attack. Two weeks now since I was diagnosed with panic attack. How it tremendously changed me as a person, as a mom, and even my happy lifestyle. For weeks my husband would be with me, that is what marriage vow, for better or for worse, in sickness and in health.

I sit in the car, in cold hand, have a deep breath, I want to see how far can I go now, traveling, will I panic or not? 

approaching Euromast, Rotterdam

Rotterdam a fifteen minute drive from home, this time my husband took it slow. The clouds that I see as we approach the big, busy city were clear blue, even it cannot hide the wintry day. We are going to shop in the big Asian Store inside the famous Chinese Boat. The location is just in front of one of Rotterdam’s iconic towers, the Euromast. We shop at leisure, with my pleasure. 


I bought kangkong and gabi for my sinigang. I never see any gabi in any asian store in our small city. To my surprise, there is Durian, I just wonder why the big durian is in the freezer? Is still delicious even after frozen?

durian

I never tried tasting this they said stinky fruit from Mindanao! I made a photo just to amuse me. My husband bought one sack of jasmin/pandan rice. I also have a new walis tambo, a floor sweeper. The one I purchased from a vacation in the Philippines is now really bad and bald. 



with my new walis Tambo

I am so glad, we finished our shopping without feeling of panic. We went out the store, I took some photos, me and my new walis tambo. Driving back home, the weather turned colder, cloudier, and really foggy! This how the Dutch weather is, very unpredictable. I took my phone, steadying my hand, and glad that I made a few videos. As I look back, I am glad, I was able to move again, with some help, I can go out, to shop, to laugh, or to just breath with all my heart’s delight. 

the we of me

driving back home 


Happy for the day, later that evening, my panic attack strikes again.

I drink my medicine fast, I feel calm, drowsy, drifted into a long, tight sleep. I began to make up my mind, when I woke up, I finally decided I liked to write again! 

Comments

Popular Posts