Fredericia On My Mind

"Having true friends is essential to my well-being."
It went way back 2012. My husband and I were on the boat going to Puerto Galera. The boat was full, a mixed of local residents and tourists, some with their families, others are alone, others are with fancy women. I was quite beside my husband with my book when there is a big wave that hit us that made me wet. The two women in front us assist me to move beside them. There, it started there. She is Lone from Denmark. She told us that she, her father, and her girlfriend observing me and my husband because we are different from the other couples in the boat. Lone is a professional photographer in Denmark and the owner of Fredericia Bed And Breakfast. Friendship bloomed during our vacation in Puerto Galera. On the day that we need to go home, we exchanged phone number and email address. She invited us to visit her in Fredericia. On September 2012, we traveled by car to Fredericia. It was almost a ten hour drive, including our stop to eat, to drink, to pee, and to stretch. But the long trip is worth it. Lone and her father daddy Vagn waiting for us and welcoming us with open arms. I hold so much fun during our long weekend with Lone. Eating together, laughing together, shopping together, playing together. She also taught me pottery because she has a pottery shop at the back of her house. I included the photo of my first try of pottery and Lone said it is not bad.
I cannot erase on my mind the night that Lone and daddy Vagn took us to Borkop Vandmolle Restaurant, a five star restaurant in Borkop. Lone is full of warmth and daddy Vagn is full of love.
According to the survey, the happiest people in the world are Danish. Maybe yes, maybe not. But I have seen how safe and secured they are. Lone do not lock doors even when we go out. Before we travelled back home my husband bought tulip seeds and I planted them in her backyard. It has been two years since that time and I have my precious Burt now but the memories keep lingering. I love friendship and on this side of the world where the climate is very cold and it is a normal thing to be cold, I am longing for warmth. I miss old good laughs. I miss old friends.

Comments

Popular Posts