Rice Noodles With Tuna Flakes

Rice noodles with tuna.
My cooking skill is from scratch to progress, learning, experimenting just within the economic cooking. Enjoying a good and healthy meal does not that pricey. When you are a good cook, you can gather the leftover to make it  taste as a brand new meal.

After me and my son went out to the supermarket this morning, I cleaned up our fridge to make room for the newly purchased items in preparation for the coming weekend. I saw the leftover cabbage and paprika when I cooked pancit bihon last week. I do not like to throw them so I think of a dish where I can use them. I checked our cupboard and there is a canned tuna in sunflower oil, and I have three packages of pancit bihon.

I started to cook pancit (rice noodles) with tuna, my first time.  I am sharing it now because I have found out that it is delicious. My son also loves it. Here is how I cooked it:

Ingredients:
250 grams rice noodles (in Filipino bihon; in Dutch mihoen)
1 canned tuna flakes, drained (you can use even the plain tuna flakes)
200 grams shredded cabbage
200 grams shredded paprika
Crush garlic
Medium size onion
1tbs oil
Ground pepper
1 Maggie bouillon cube (before I use soy sauce when cooking bihon. Since my husband do not like soy sauce, I use bouillon.)
*tip: you can add other more vegetables like beans and parsley.

How:
While cooking, soak the rice noodles in the hot water for about 10 minutes then drain.

Sauted the garlic and onion together for 1 or 2 minutes.
Add the paprika, then the cabbage. Put the Maggie bouillon, dissolve it, mix all together and cover for 5 minutes. Add the rice noodles, the tuna flakes, and the ground pepper, mix and cover again for another five minutes. If the rice noodles are soft already, it is already done. If not, mix again and cover until the rice noodles get soft. Vegetables do not need to be overcooked. Served hot with a squeeze of fresh lemon.

Tuna is really versatile.

Comments

Popular Posts