Ribs Adobo, A Famous Filipino Dish


There was a survey years ago, I think it was in a magazine or on the internet. Vote for Philippine's National Dish. There are three options: adobo, sinigang, or kare-kare. I am not sure if I cast my vote, because believe me, these three Filipino dishes are all delicious.
I always love adobo. Since the ingredients are available in the supermarket here in our place, I cook adobo here in the Netherlands. This recipe is also good whether you like to try it with a chicken or lean pork meat.

Ingredients:
400 grams ribs
10 tbsp soy sauce
12 tbsp vinegar
3 laurel leaves
1 medium size onion
4 garlic cloves, crushed (I love many garlic in my cooking)
1 tsp sugar (optional)
1 tbsp oil
Ground pepper

Procedure:
Put all the ingredients in a pot except the oil.
Stir, cover and let it boil. Once it's boiling, stir again, and adjust the stove to low heat, and let it simmer, turning one side to another side occasionally to make sure that both sides are well cooked, about 45 minutes. You will know that the ribs are already done when the meat is already peeling off from the bones.
Then add the oil, stir again and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
I love adobo with steamed rice, fresh salad, and a cup of coffee. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts