The Car and Taxi In The Godfather, The Customized Cadillac of Elvis Presley, and The Sedan Chair 1750. Our Family Tour at Louman Museum

Seeing many cars is a normal experience you have when you live in the city. In the Philippines, I can see many cars on the highway, such as in Edsa, in Ayala, or even in Manila. But seeing many luxurious cars, from 1700’s onward to modern times is quite an experience. I'm referring to our recent visit to the Louwman Museum in The Hague.
This is worth of your visit... Especially if you love cars.

Our family arrived at the museum before lunchtime. As you enter the building, your face will gleam how huge the entry hall, as you see the shining purple American car just as you enter the grand hall, your mind starts to guess… what’s next? We arrived there before noon. 
my husband and son, the garden is royalty
the grand hall, ground floor
the oldest Toyota, found in a farm in Russia
it's nostalgic, seeing this prestigious car as the same time, there is an old jukebox  nearby playing the unforgettable songs of Elvis Presley
This swan car is from India, used in the film
the Sedan Chair, 1750 The first no motor vehicle for the affluent society. As I am looking, I am imagining what if I am already alive during that period, am I one of the slaves carrying it, or I am the one who nonchalant sitting grand there? What a thought!
The entire world I think saw the film The Godfather. This is the gangster's taxi!



The first ever car in the museum, 1914. Before the museum was filled of rare collections.


An old gasoline pump, with the red me. 


I started by finding first the toilet. The public toilet is on the first floor, when I stepped out, my excitement accelerated, just on the other side is the vintage car as well as the taxi that was used in the classic film The Godfather. I calm down, I know we can get closer, I need to see first where my husband and son are now, I left them in the cloakroom.

I returned to the ground floor and they are waiting for me at the museum’s restaurant.  I’m all smiles, the setting, the background, even the floor seems a time machine, will bring you back in time, 1930’s? In London? 

The tour will start from the top to bottom. I Never feel so excited seeing cars or any vehicles as I felt that time. It was almost a whole day tour. 


The museum is not just about cars, what I found very compelling is the history behind each car. I made many photos, I cannot post them all, really, they are too many. I love to show only the cars that captured my heart, I carry them well in my memory. There is something bittersweet with them, Some of the photos I made maybe will let you feel why.


If you will ever come to visit the Netherlands, why not put Louman Museum among places you visit. I am sure you are going to enjoy the richness of the entire building. From Sedan chair, to chariots, to racing cars and luxury cars. And from there, I have also learned that the first electric car is the car of GrandMa Duck, the grand mother of Donald Duck! In all, the Louman Museum has 275 rare cars for you to see! 


with my favourite. A classic Pegasus shown in New York Car Show circa 1956


Comments

Popular Posts