Greece Vacation 2018: Corfu

My family, at the back... The Old Fortess (on my separate story)

Sightseeing Corfu

A big business in Corfu. Souvenirs

My apology for it seems it takes ages before my story about my  Greek  vacation 2018 continues. This part three is all about Corfu. Its sound, its smell, and how I feel so incredible to be able to visit this rich of antiquities city. From Kavos, we drive down the hills, passed a winding road lining down the beach. Corfu starts to become familiar to me, because the airport is there, we have our first stop, took the car that my husband rented.

Where wise and intellect men of old gather

Just walking here is... Awesome!

Corfu coastline. The Old Fortress at the far.



What makes Greece more interesting to me is because I believe in the Bible. The New Testament is also known as The Greek Scripture. Corfu is a Greek Island in the Ionian Sea, home of the Ionian University. Corfu is full of Greek history from the beginning of Greek mythology. With those medieval castles punctuating strategic locations across the islands are the legacy of struggles in the Middle Ages against invasion of pirates and the Ottoman. I can even paint clearly on my mind its history of full battles and conquest, it was when we were inside the Old Fortress.

Delicious, honey-glazed complimentary Greek donuts.



City of many antiquities.



It only has begun... From Corfu, we set off our week of sightseeing, adventure, and making Greek memories. Sitting in the car, we were finding a place where we can park, my eyes feasted with a view, my heart leaps for a promising day in Corfu. At the far end, you will see a semi-ruined city, Venetian, will makes you want for more.  There is the double decker bus, as a London view. "Synagogue" is on the street sign, a complete suited rabbi passing by! Corfu remains as one of the most famous tourist destinations.

On our morning coffee break,  we have tasted this famous Corfu donut, served as complimentary together with our coffee. A donut with no hole, just like a ball, round, soft, honey-glazed. I told myself, uhhhh! I can stick around here eating this donut forever! 

Comments

Popular Posts